Dear Parents and Carers. Just a quick reminder about our Year 8 Charities Afternoon on Friday 22nd May; family & friends are welcome to attend from 1:45pm. We would also like to congratulate all pupils, staff and extended family who took part in this year's Gregg's Cancer Run. Well Done!! One final, but important reminder that school closes for half term on Friday 22nd may and re-opens to pupils on Monday 1st June. Have a safe and happy half term.
Welcome to Seaton Sluice Middle School
Welcome to the Seaton Sluice Middle School website, we hope that you will find it informative and comprehensive. If you have any suggestions that will help us improve the site please let us know via the contact page.
- Seaton Valley Gardening Competition 2015 - for more information regarding this year's competition please follow the links via Parent Information to Community Events.
- Dropping your child off at school - we have a small number of parents using the emergency parking area outside the school office to collect/drop off their children. Please be aware that this area is for emergencies only or in the event that your child needs to use crutches or a wheelchair. We respectfully request your co-operation in keeping this area free of non-emergency traffic. Thank you.
- Wear a Hat to School Day 2015 - A school event organised by one of our Year 5 pupils in memory of her aunty Janet has raised a fantastic £250 for Brain Cancer Research. Family and friends would like to say a big THANK YOU to everyone who made a special effort to support their charity.
- Red Nose Day 2015 - Can we say a big THANK YOU to pupils, parents, and staff for the tremendous support you have given again this year. Cake sales and 'funny faces' raised £300 and £215 was raised from the sale of noses, pin badges, and cups.
- Christmas Fayre 2014 - Staff and pupils would like to say a HUGE thank you to the parents, friends, and relations who helped to make our Christmas Fayre another resounding success. With your help we managed to raise a fantastic £1,694.20. Thank you!!
- A message for the parents/carers of our Year 8 pupils. Your child has been given a letter to bring home giving details of the admission procedure for your child's chosen High School. Transfer to High School is not automatic, you need to apply for and be allocated a place and this procedure has a strict time frame. Please read the letter when it comes home with your child and submit their application. A copy of this letter can also be found on our website in the 'Parent Information' section.
- Please be aware that pupils who would normally travel on the school busses but who require taxi transport home following after school clubs, will be dropped off at the designated bus stops in the relevant villages. This will not apply to those pupils who live in Blyth who will continue to be dropped off at their home address.