Dear Parents and Carers. 'Italy Day' seems to have been a great success, there are certainly lots of happy, smiling faces around school and lots of pupils decided to try the Italian menu at lunch time. Many thanks to Miss. Brownlees, Miss. Ruler, the Kitchen Staff and the Well Being Team for making this possible, we all look forward to the next one! SPORTS DAY- will now be held on THURSDAY 16TH JULY (weather permitting). KS2 events will take place between 9:00am and 10:50am and KS3 events will be from 11:20am until 12:15pm and 1:30pm until 2:30pm (please note that there will be a 1 hour lunch break in between KS3 events). The relay event will take place from 2:30pm. Pupils can come to school in their PE kit but need to bring their school uniform as the weather may not be good. Would parents also not that we close for the Summer holidays on FRIDAY 17TH JULY at 1:30pm. If you have child care issues on the day, there will be staff in school until 3:25pm to supervise pupils. Normal school transport will only be available at 1:30pm. School re-opens to pupils on Wednesday 2nd September. On behalf of all the staff at Seaton Sluice Middle School, have a safe and happy Summer break. Thank you.
Welcome to Seaton Sluice Middle School
Welcome to the Seaton Sluice Middle School website, we hope that you will find it informative and comprehensive. If you have any suggestions that will help us improve the site please let us know via the contact page.
- Sainsbury's Active Kids Vouchers 2015 - Can we say a big thank you to pupils, staff, family and friends who contributed to this year's voucher collection. You have collectively donated an impressive total of 6,166 vouchers, over 1,000 more than last year!! This year's vouchers will be used to purchase a variety of sports equipment for the children to use in school. Thank you very much for your support again this year.
- Year 8 Charity Fundraising afternoon 2015 - we are proud to announce that this year's fundraising afternoon has raised an impressive £569.49! This will be split equally between the 4 charities previously chosen by our Year 8 pupils: Tiny Lives, Daft as a Brush, The Great North Air Ambulance, and St. Oswald's Hospice. Well done to the staff and pupils who organised the event, those members of staff who 'willingly' volunteered to have sponges and foam pies thrown in their general direction and of course to you, our parents, friends, and neighbours. Your support and generosity helps to make this a worthwhile, rewarding event. Thank you.
- Seaton Valley Gardening Competition 2015 - for more information regarding this year's competition please follow the links via Parent Information to Community Events.
- Dropping your child off at school - we have a small number of parents using the emergency parking area outside the school office to collect/drop off their children. Please be aware that this area is for emergencies only or in the event that your child needs to use crutches or a wheelchair. We respectfully request your co-operation in keeping this area free of non-emergency traffic. Thank you.
- Wear a Hat to School Day 2015 - A school event organised by one of our Year 5 pupils in memory of her aunty Janet has raised a fantastic £250 for Brain Cancer Research. Family and friends would like to say a big THANK YOU to everyone who made a special effort to support their charity.
- Red Nose Day 2015 - Can we say a big THANK YOU to pupils, parents, and staff for the tremendous support you have given again this year. Cake sales and 'funny faces' raised £300 and £215 was raised from the sale of noses, pin badges, and cups.
- Christmas Fayre 2014 - Staff and pupils would like to say a HUGE thank you to the parents, friends, and relations who helped to make our Christmas Fayre another resounding success. With your help we managed to raise a fantastic £1,694.20. Thank you!!
- A message for the parents/carers of our Year 8 pupils. Your child has been given a letter to bring home giving details of the admission procedure for your child's chosen High School. Transfer to High School is not automatic, you need to apply for and be allocated a place and this procedure has a strict time frame. Please read the letter when it comes home with your child and submit their application. A copy of this letter can also be found on our website in the 'Parent Information' section.
- Please be aware that pupils who would normally travel on the school busses but who require taxi transport home following after school clubs, will be dropped off at the designated bus stops in the relevant villages. This will not apply to those pupils who live in Blyth who will continue to be dropped off at their home address.