CHRISTMAS PRODUCTION 2015 - Our Christmas play this year is Scrooge. Tickets will go on general sale on Tuesday 1st December. Please look out for the letter coming home with your child, alternatively, you can download and complete a copy from our website. YEAR 5 VISIT - to St. Paul's Church on Monday 30th November. Please wear a coat and suitable footwear for the trip. Pupils also need a good sized orange to make a 'Christingle'. Our CHRISTMAS LUNCH will take place on Thursday 10th December. Please note that this will be the only meal available on the day. If your child DOES NOT require a Christmas lunch they will need to bring a packed lunch to school. CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS - school will CLOSE on FRIDAY 18th DECEMBER at 1:30pm. If you are unable to make alternative childcare arrangements, members of staff will be in school until 3:25pm when pupils can be collected at the normal time. School will RE-OPEN to pupils on TUESDAY 5th JANUARY 2016. AN IMPORTANT REMINDER to parents/carers of our Year 8 pupils regarding the admission process for your chosen High School. The County Council online admission portal for the 2016/2017 intake is now closed. If you have still not registered your child, please contact the school admissions team on: 01670 623560/623558 as a matter of urgency.
Welcome to Seaton Sluice Middle School
Welcome to the Seaton Sluice Middle School website, we hope that you will find it informative and comprehensive. If you have any suggestions that will help us improve the site please let us know via the contact page
- Dropping your child off at school - we have a small number of parents using the emergency parking area outside the school office to collect/drop off their children. Please be aware that this area is for emergencies only or in the event that your child needs to use crutches or a wheelchair. We respectfully request your co-operation in keeping this area free from non-emergency traffic. Thank you.
- World Food Day - Tuesday 20th October - following the success of our Italy day last month we have decided to hold a Mexico day! The day will run on a similar format as before and lunch will be Mexican themed. It would be a great experience for your child to sample the Mexican menu but, if your child does not like Mexican food, there will be sandwiches and jacket potatoes available or, they can bring their own packed lunch. Pupils are to come to school in their normal uniform.
- Harvest Festival 2015 - our annual Harvest Festival assembly will take place on Monday 19th October. Any donations of fruit, vegetables or tinned food will be gratefully received, split into parcels and distributed to residents in our local community. Please refer to the letter recently sent home with your child for further details and the opportunity to nominate someone who you think would be delighted to receive a parcel from our pupils.
- Evening Chronicle 'Wish' tokens - we are currently collecting 'Wish' tokens on behalf of one of our Year 7 pupils. Further details can be found in 'Voucher Collection', in the Parent Information Section. Thank you.
- Macmillan Coffee Morning 2015 - We held a coffee morning on Friday 25th September in aid of the Macmillan Cancer Charity and we are very proud to announce that a grand total of £519 was raised! A big thank you to Mr. Simpson, who coordinated the event, and to staff, pupils, family, and friends of Seaton Sluice Middle School who helped to make the morning a resounding success. Thank you once again for your endless generosity!
- Please be aware that pupils who would normally travel on the school busses but who require taxi transport home following after school clubs, will be dropped off at the designated bus stops in the relevant villages. This will not apply to those pupils who live in Blyth who will continue to be dropped off at their home address.