Dear Parents & Carers. Please note that school will close on Friday 12th February for half term and reopen to pupils on Monday 22nd February. Parent Consultation Evening for year 6 & 8 pupils - a copy of your child's interim report and a teacher appointment form will be sent home with your child on Friday 12th February. A copy of the appointment form can be found in our 'Letters' section, should you need to download and print it off. We are now collecting Sainsbury's Active Kids vouchers for 2016. If you have any at home that you are willing to donate, please send them in to school with your child. Thank you.
Executive Head Teacher Message
I have a huge amount of pride in saying that I am Executive Head Teacher of Seaton Sluice Middle School. I feel that this is a school which offers so much to our students and their familes. I feel very confident when I say that the school is ready to explode into its next stage of development.
I have a very simple philosophy when it comes to the type of school that I want to lead. Simply, I want it to be outstanding in everything that it does and ensure that the students attend a school where they are safe, happy, and successful. A school is only as successful as the support it gets from parents and carers so I would encourage you to help us ensure your child gets the best education they possibly can.
Please do all you can to encourage your child to enjoy their education and never be afraid to contact the school if need help or have a question.
At Seaton Sluice Middle School we never forget that the most important thing in your life is in our care every day and, we will do all we can to ensure that they are safe, happy, and successful but please help us to do this.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact the school.
Executive Head Teacher
Welcome to the Seaton Sluice Middle School website, we hope that you will find it informative and comprehensive. If you have any suggestions that will help us improve the site please let us know via the contact page.
- Christmas Coffee Morning - thank you to everyone who attended our festive coffee morning this week. A fantastic £173.95 was raised which will go towards the funding of our new school defibrillator.
- Christmas Fayre 2015 - a BIG THANK YOU to pupils, staff, parents, family, and friends for making this year's fayre another resounding success! Your generosity and support has helped us to raise a fantastic £1,587.14
- Children in Need 2015 - this year we held a cake sale with all proceeds going to Children in Need. Thanks to your overwhelming generosity and baking skills we have raised a fantastic £265.51
- Important remider - to parents/carers of our Year 8 pupils regarding the admission process for your chosen High School. The County Council online admission portal for the 2016/2017 intake is now closed. If you have still not registered your child, please contact the school admissioins team on: 01670 623560/623558 as a matter of urgency.
- Dropping your child off at school - we have a small number of parents using the emergency parking area outside the school office to collect/drop off their children. Please be aware that this area is for emergencies only or in the event that your child needs to use crutches or a wheelchair. We respectfully request your co-operation in keeping this area free from non-emergency traffic. Thank you.
- Evening Chronicle 'Wish' tokens - we are currently collecting 'Wish' tokens on behalf of one of our Year 7 pupils. Further details can be found in 'Voucher Collection', in the Parent Information Section. Thank you.
- Please be aware that, due to the dark evenings, pupils who would normally travel on school busses but who require taxi transport home following after school clubs, will be dropped off at their home address; pupils from Blyth will continue to be dropped off at home.